C4 Cardamom Mountains Adventure
Cardamom mountains, Cambodia
2 days, 1 night
difficulty level ★★☆☆☆
✪ 20km ✪ D+ 250m, D- 150m ✪ tropical jungle
C4 takes you back in time, into the heart of the South East Asia Cold War times. Travel through forgotten jungle trails in the Sre Ambel's Cardamom valley, crossing hamlets, trenches, farmlands and air bomb craters, making our way up to the Black Mountain summit, home a famous Khmer Rouge guerrilla radio communication post, where a decisive battle from the late 70’s Cambodian–Vietnamese War was fought.
available options :
- trekking equipment (tarp, hammock, sleeping bag) : 19$,
- transportation (from Phnom Penh) : 29$,
- cancellation insurance : 19$,
*F&B : 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinners
5am: departure from Phnom Penh.
8am: arrival at Sre Ambel valley. Breakfast, Briefing and gear inspection.
9am: 12km trekking to the camp site on top of Black Mountain summit. Break at mountain waterfall
4pm: camp installation.
7am: breakfast and camp uninstallation
8am: 11km trek down the mountain and reach our extraction point.
12am: extraction, clean up on the river and change clothes.
1.30pm: arrival to Stop Café restaurant, lunch.
2.30pm: departure to Phnom Penh.
5pm: arrival to Phnom Penh.
(schedule can be affected by weather and traffic)
Recommended gear list:
- camping set (tarp, hammock, sleeping bag),
- 1 backpack (40L maximum),
- 2 dry bags (15 to 20L) ,
- 1 pair of high trekking shoes or sports shoes,
- 1 pants,
- 1 tee-shirt ,
- 1 long sleeve tee shirt or jacket,
- 1 rain coat,
- 1 pair of socks,
- 3L of water,
- 1 extra trousers and shirt to rest at camp,
- 1 flash light,
- 1 knife,
- 1 mosquito repellant,
- 1 toiletry set (small towel, soap …),
- prescribed medicine if any.
(available from December to July)